Banish the Brass

Sunday, August 3, 2014


Summer will take it's tool on your gorgeous highlights. Brassiness is super common and luckily very easy to take care of. Look how crazy my hair color is. Time to freshen it up. My hair looks CRAZY here and it is in serious need of some purple goo. 

Do not fear the purple. In fact, you want to find a dark, heavily pigmented purple shampoo. Don't go towards light or transparent shades.

Apply the purple where you have lighter strands. For blondes you will go from the root down, for brunettes like me with highlights you will focus on the body of your hair where the light strands are. Leave the shampoo on for 3 minutes then rinse. 

If the purple isn't workin for ya then just hop back in the shower and use your regular shampoo and it will wash out. It's not a big commitment!

Emmy's Picks:

1. Clairol Shimmering Lights Shampoo $7.99 seems to be a crowd pleaser and is affordable.

2. Dumb Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo $17.99 Bedhead always has great products, and don't be fooled dummies- this shampoo is for all hair colors (not just blonde).


3. Rita Hazan Ultimate Shine Gloss $26.00 This is the product I bought today. I bought the purple bottle "Ultimate Shine Breaking Brass For Blonde/Brown" This is a leave in treatment/gloss so I am excited to see how it comes out. I read mixed reviews but I am in serious need  of a toner and Mariana Hewitt talks about this product here in her Sephora Haul video which is where I got the product recommendation! On a separate note I think i should start a youtube channel.

So what's the verdict? Do you tone your hair with purple shampoo in between salon visits? TRY IT!
Alright babes, Happy Sunday and I am happy to be back in the U.S and blogging again :)

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments, feedback, and support! I appreciate it very much.
XO Emmy

LIKE Boys and Bombshells Facebook Page!

Follow on bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment