Emmy's Diary...An Update!

Friday, December 12, 2014


Hi loves. So I've been more inspired than usual lately so I decided to make a fun post on here. Also this guy sitting by me in the library keeps looking at my screen so I guess it's interesting?..or he's just being a creeptree. He has no chill right now. Anyways, I have finals this week and after that I will only have one semester left of school! I am so excited and READY to graduate. 

I went thrifting at this awesome and overpriced store by my school. I ended up spending an hour and a half getting lost in a trance going through inspiring pieces in the store. I am moving to Los Angeles in May after graduation so I can't buy any furniture at the moment. I did find some really cool things that I am going to use for shoots and display in my apartment. 


Jeff (my giraffe) is wearing a new cowboy hat I bought at the thrift store. I hang jewelry, hats and weird stuff on him all the time (rough life, right) haha but it honestly is one of my favorite things in my apartment. I bought the giraffe at Anthropologie a few years ago and I always get comments on it. I love things with personality and that are unique. It's a hard combo to come across which is what makes it special and also why I have  a blog (i share these things with you!) Also the hat on my gold mirror is from Urban Outfitters- they're having a huge sale right now and I bought tons of things that I can't wait to show you! 

I predict wicker elements will be big for spring. If they aren't oh well. I don't follow the trends as much as I follow what I like. I also just think this structured bag is cute and would look precious with a gingham print. Tres ladylike. 


I snapped this pic while walking earlier. I like the fog in the back by the buildings. The Christmas spirit is in the air so I'll make a gift guide post soon! 


I had a shoot two days ago with a photographer who I really vibed with. I love his style and the things he found inspiring. I always ask to see what inspires other photographers (and other artsy people in general). Inspiration is contagious. Also he showed me the magazine C Heads. I had seen this magazine before but forgot about it..super neat and has nude-ness (but in a cool way). 


I've been on a mission to find the perfect camel coat. BTW, I hung this picture of Kate up in my bedroom because I love it so much!  I absolutely love this trend and I can see myself wearing it year after year if I invest in the right jacket. My favorite that I've seen is this Max Mara one that Kim Kardashian is always sporting. I also saw it on Tina Fey for a magazine cover.
OPTIONS: Karen Millen Ultimate Camel Coat cinches at the waist. Max Mara  has the camel coat that the celebrities have been wearing. 


MOST POPULAR ITEMS THIS WEEK: 
The company that helps do affiliate work for my blog also provides me with popular product lists that people are loving. Thought I'd share with you. Possible Chirstmas gifts for you or friends/family?...


MY CURRENT CRAVES:


I've been going out a lot at night so this black and camel cape is perfect over dresses and still sexy. The weather is colder and dryer here in Chicago and using a rich body butter is a winter necessity. 
Also this hair repair and lip scrub are great for conditioning your skin and strands in the colder months. I've been using Dior Foundation daily and I love it! I wrote another blog post here about it. I really want to try this Dior "light boosting primer" as well since the foundation is so amazing. 

CURRENT SALES (for men and women): 
  • Net-A-Porter is having a huge 50% off sale that all of the fashionistas are buzzing about. 
  • Anthropologie is currently 25% off all sweaters. Good for the cold weather. 
  • Asos is having 30% off cold weather gear (boys check this one out) 
  • Urban Outfitters is doing free shipping for a limited time. 
  • All Saints is having an end of season sale.


XOXO I'll do a post like this again soon :)

Also check out my site http://www.boysandbombshell.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment