Your hair is your best weapon and it goes through a lot-especially in the harsh winter months. The new year is a good time to adopt new tips. As your writer of Boys and Bombshells, it's my job to give you the best info out there to be the best bombshell you can be. Think about the processes your hair goes through: coloring, weather, styling, sleeping, diet, and exercise. These all have effects on our hair so it's smart to treat our luscious locks with care. Plus, what girl doesn't love to pamper?! Keep reading and take notes...
2. Invest in a b vitmain such as these yummy GNC Be Beautiful Vitamins. I am on bag number 5 so I definitely recommend it-especially if you can't swallow pills. I take one in the morning and one at night. They help with stronger hair, hydrating skin, nourishing your nails.
3. You woke up like this...If you haven't jumped on the silk pillowcase train, now is a good time to do so. Not only does a silk pillowcase prevent your hair from becoming frizzy, tangled, and roughed up in the night, it also prevents wrinkles from typical cotton pillowcases. You know how you wake up with a line indent in your face from sleeping? Not good! Favorite option: AHAlife 100% Silk Pillowcase ($75)
4. Your hair grows from your scalp (duh!) but why do we ignore this area so much? We're loving this Caviar Repair Elixir ($38) which nourishes the scalp to maximize hair's potential length. A beauty hack to get you a step ahead of the game
5. You are what you eat (and drink). First things first are you drinking enough water? This is the number one beauty tip for hair, skin, and body plus it detoxifies you. For optimum hair health focus on getting enough vitamins through healthy eating as well. The best foods for hair are salmon, eggs, walnuts, leafy greens, berries, fruit, and peppers.
6. Are you using protection? No silly, I mean for your hair! It's easy to forget but also easy to spray on, damp or dry. Hurry and get Living Proof Restore Instant Protection Spray ($26) before you curl/straighten next.
7. Clean up! Your scalp and hair loves the products you put on it-so much so that it can have attachment issues. We don't want that. To rid hair of unwanted buildup do a weekly clarifying shampoo like Neutrogena Anti Residue Shampoo ($6).
Thanks for reading and I am proud you care about the health of your hair! That is half of the battle! XOXO Emmy