Ways To Motivate, Beautify, and Improve Yourself

Sunday, January 4, 2015


"Beauty is a very unique thing. A mixture of inner and outer values."

The thing that has boosted my confidence and belief in myself is having dreams and staying focused on accomplishing them. That sliver of hope led me through dark times and phases where I had low self esteem. It helped me dodge broken hearts because I have been so dedicated to success in my own life rather than success with someone else. I've fallen in love with life and the path mine is taking. 

What is it that you really want to do? What is your biggest fish you have to catch? Figure out your goals, there can be more than one (for me, there is a huge ever-growing list) and develop a plan of action. A good plan starts with measurable points for your goal so you can asses your progress and what is left to accomplish. Naming a goal and not coming up with a concrete plan is a recipe for failure. Life happens and we tend to lose our grip on a goal if we don't hold ourselves responsible to tending to it. Someone once said "staying motivated is like bathing- you have to do it every day." Just as dirt and life happens to your body every day, it also affects and clouds your mind. 

Inspiration seems to bloom everywhere, I can't get enough of it. I am excited to wake up every day and try to out-do myself. I aim to be better than who I was yesterday. Sometimes I feel like I'm charging towards things that scare me- why not? What's the worst that could happen? I'm not afraid to fail or make a fool of myself. Life is too short. 

Having no discipline is a way to failure. If you are not willing to control your actions to achieve your goals, you can't expect to achieve success. Do what you have to do, NOW. This can be hard when tasks seem daunting or just annoying. I try to break everything down into small manageable tasks  or write down what is left for me to do. 


I believe if you want to accomplish things you have to be trained. In your mind, in your body, in your heart. I have always been self disciplined. I think challenges are fun and I'm not afraid to fail. If I really want something, I won't give up.

Understand that your body is a temple and a machine. It should be respected and handled with care. I read a lot on mindful eating, healthy habits and tips. Food is meant to nourish you, I try to make sure everything I eat is serving a purpose.

Working out is fun for me, I could do it all day. I love sports and being active in general but Pilates is my favorite workout.  I am certified (STOTT pilates) to teach both mat and reformer. Pilates is all about your core, abs, arms, butt, and legs. Instead of bulking up, you lengthen and tone. It builds the posture of a dancer and the body of a super model.

Joining a gym can be expensive. I go to Equinox downtown Chicago but I got that membership as a gift. Cassey Ho from Blogilates makes tons and tons of workout videos that I do all of the time and see amazing results. All of the workouts she does are what I usually do in the gym anyways since I do mat and floor work.



I can't live without makeup nor would I want to. It's sparkly and fun... why would you not. I'm Brazilian and I think it must be in our blood to be glamourous divas and girly girls. I also love indulging in my skin and hair. If you have good hair and good shoes you can rule the world!  Here are some products I love and tips on how to use them:



I gave out a lot of information. If you ever have questions feel free to comment below. If you're ever struggling with setting a goal or just staying motivated in general- my email is theemmyelliott@gmail.com. I'm always here to help and motivate you. 

XO Emmy 

No comments:

Post a Comment