Bombshells Bake: Healthy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014


Ello my little Bombshell bakers. I came across this heavenly and healthy recipe from The Detoxinista after googling coconut flour cookie recipes. You don't have to be allergic to gluten to join the gluten-free crew. I know it sounds pretentious but gluten free recipes are better for you-especially if you are a gym bunny. Bread and flour will not help abdominal regimes! 

1/3 Cup Coconut Flour (I got mine at Trader Joes)
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil (also hair and skin benefits with this puppy!)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
2 whole eggs
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips 
*optional: Sprinkle sea salt on top for pizazz! We crazy


1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line baking sheet with Parchment Paper

2. In a medium sized bowl mix the coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Then mix the eggs in one at a time. Your bombshell biceps are gonna be flexing while you bake. Stir it up! 

3. Mix in the chocolate chips until the batter is even. 

4. Take a tablespoon amount of dough and plop onto your baking sheet. Arrange them all cute in their little lines. 


5. Bake at 350F for 10-12 Minutes until the edges are brown. Allow them to cool- or in my case...DON'T! Hah I got too excited and went in. 


Andddd Voila! Bon Apetite dolls. Getting hungry just looking at this. 

But anyways these cookies are ahmazing. I was a bit skeptical because I'm not crazy about the taste of coconuts (I think it's an acquired taste lol) but I couldn't taste the coconut really. I'm writing this post via our school library and I'm already like "alright Emmy hurry up so you can get home." I want more coconut chocolate chip cookies!

Hungry for more num nums? Easy gluten free cookie dough yogurt!

Are any of my bombshells gluten free? Let me know! I am exploring more healthy recipes and gluten free ones as well. 

XO Emmy 

No comments:

Post a Comment