New Hair! + How To Get Long & Healthy Hair

Thursday, May 15, 2014


Ah a fresh look for your fellow author of Boys and Bombshells. Today I went to R Collective salon for the first time. My favorite stylist (Amanda) just opened the salon, and it is GORGEOUS. She is a master with color and will listen to my spastic requests while giving me the color I want without damaging my hair. 

All of this glam requires serious upkeep though, you have to really be an advocate and for the integrity of your hair for it to be healthy and vibrant.

Here are my biggest tips for long and healthy hair: 

1. If you are going to color it, don't go to extremes. Talk to your stylist about gradually lightening your hair (if that's what you want) and go in stages. Also wait a few months to color. I try to go 2-3 months without coloring it. 

2. Diet: Food will make an impact on your hair, so if you want to use that a motivator to eat healthy and clean, I definitely am going to be vain right there with ya. 
*Salmon 
*Proteins from nuts - peanut butter included :) 
*Spinach 
*Carrots



3. I also take GNC Be Beautiful Vitamins Chews for Hair, skin, and nails. They taste really yummy too-like candy! I take one in the morning and one in the evening. 

4. Drink as much water as you can! Beyonce drinks like a crazy amount of gallons of water a day and you should too! I really notice my hair is much shinier when I drink water throughout the day. 

5. Products are important and one of the biggest boosts to longer hair. 

I recommend browsing through reviews on Kerastase Products here and finding a shampoo, conditioner, masque, and styling product of your choice. I really have never been disappointed by Kerastase products so I think anything you pick will be a treat for your hair :) 

Here are some products that worked miracles for me:

1. Kerastase Initialiste scalp concentrate has completely transformed my hair...it strengthens, adds shine, softness, and texture. It also helps to promote hair growth, my hair grew in faster and since it is applied at the scalp, the new hair grew in healthier. 

2. Kerastase Elixir Beautifying Oil is perfect for creating an at home blowout look. It added shine and is a leave in product for the ends of your hair as well. 

View more hair treatments/products and find what best suits your hair needs. 


6. Brush your hair. I detangle my hair with a Wet Brush. Don't forget to brush your hair from the ends up-this keeps your hair from breaking. 

7. Also try not to add a lot of heat to your hair- and if you do, make sure to prep hair with a heat protectant serum/spray. Personally, I don't blow dry my hair but I do use a curling iron or rollers.

Your hair is your best accessory. One of the first things people notice about you is your shoes and your hair. I personally can't function on a bad hair day.

Start with good habits and making healthy decisions for your bombshells locks! Also let me know of any products you love or tips for healthy hair!

Shop the post:


No comments:

Post a Comment